January 21, 2005

Welcome to Pumplandia!

Well, there's a lot I don't know about blogging. And I'm not actually a very public person, so this feels a little unnatural. But I'm on an interesting journey into the world of insulin pumping, so I'm going to work against my natural introversion in the hopes of sharing some worthwhile thoughts and hearing those of others. This is where I'll post my experiences as I get started on the pump--frustrations, victories, anxieties, resources, and the like.

I was diagnosed with type 1 in October 2004. The past few months have a been a whirlwind of changes. I've learned a lot about diabetes in that time, and I've quickly become convinced that for me, the insulin pump will be the best way to take care of myself and have a life as close to what I would hope to have were I not saddled with this disease. But that means another complicated transition--another new way of life. I'll be starting, I hope, in the next couple of weeks. Meanwhile, I'll post thoughts about the pump, resources I've found online, and my many worries here. I would love to hear from pumpers and prospective pumpers!

No comments:

Post a Comment