June 8, 2005

In which I have little to say

EMG = normal. Yay! I still have the symptoms, though. I need to talk to the doctor but can't find the wherewithal to do it. Low low energy on the self-care front right now. The only thing I've accomplished all week is one little tiny bout of exercise. On the plus side, I'm eating like a responsible diabetic again. (The bionic bagels, incidentally, prevailed...That third hour nails me every time. Maybe I have to take an extra bolus then? Hmm, dangerous.)

Aha, I do have one positive story to relate. This will seem like nothing to longtimers, but for me it felt bold: I went dancing while I was in New York. I hadn't been dancing since before my dx six months ago; I was worried about going too low or too high (in an attempt not to go too low) from the funny bits of intense exercise. Actually, Mr. Brooklyn had tried to take me dancing on my birthday, but I messed up my fancy-dinner bolus and wound up at 330, too high for safe physical activity...

Anyhow, I didn't go low, just a smidge high from dropping my basal more than I needed to. And we had a great time. Diabetes, I fart in your general direction! (We also saw Spamalot last week...)

5 comments:

  1. Awesome Violet, simply awesome. I'm so relieved to hear that your EMG came back normal.

    And, your trip to New York sounds fantastic. "Fancy" dinners, dancing and a show-- all with a special guy. Who could ask for anything more? Takes me back to my courting days with Ryan-- we did the long distance thing for almost two years (except he was in the midwest, and I was out east). That was nearly 19 years ago...

    I'm really happy for you.

    Take care,
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never been dancing. I took tap and ballet lessons for 18 years, but I can't for the life of me render any dance moves in a public forum.

    Pathetic? Of course.

    Bravo to you for being able to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always the anticipation of the "firsts" that get in the way.

    Now that this "first" is out of the way, it's time to go dancing more often!

    The last time I went to a club in NYC was in the late 90's at Polyester. I don't know if it's still around, but we all had a great time dancing to ABBA'a Dancing Queen.

    Check that place out if it's still around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandra, hello and thanks. I am happy too. Also most intrigued to hear that you and Ryan were a distance couple. Gives me hope.

    K...apparently you possess the gene that allows a girl to wear a bikini among other humans, and I got the one that enables public dancing. Put us together and we'd be, like, a sorority girl.

    Hi Shannon, I'll certainly look for Polyester. This is so geeky that I wasn't gonna admit it, but our favorite club is an 80s place called Culture Club. It's soooo much fun. Yay Duran Duran!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's not geeky at all! Duran Duran rules...The Relfex is totally bitchen.

    ReplyDelete